The Whitehorse Correctional Centre (WCC), Yukon, Canada gives following procedure for use of telephone by inmate from its facilities:
Don't miss our guide to making Inmate Phone Calls
Inmate Phone Procedures
The Superintendent is authorized to conduct monitoring of conversations in order to obtain a certain degree of control over an inmate's communication in the interest of the safety and security in the Institution.
- Inmates may use the phones in the dormitories, Remand, and the Reception Unit from 8 a.m.-10 p.m. from Monday to Thursday, and 8 a.m.-11 p.m. on Friday, Saturday and evenings prior to statutory holidays.
- Telephone calls will be limited to 10 minutes and inmates will be normally permitted one personal phone call each day.
- Telephone calls to lawyers or for the purpose of securing money to pay fines or secure bail will be permitted in addition to the daily personal call.
- Inmates cannot receive incoming telephone calls.
- Messages will only be taken for inmates if the caller is phoning long distance or in a family emergency. The best way to get a message to an inmate is to drop off a note to the Centre.
Making Long Distance Calls
- Inmates pay for long distance phone calls either by reversing the charges (calling collect), charging them to a calling card or charging them to their WCC trust account.
- Calling cards may be purchased through Canteen.
- Because of the programming restrictions placed on inmate phones, some long distance calling cards cannot be used at WCC. WCC may be contacted for more information.
Learn more about Inmate Telephone Service, the Inmate Telephone System, Inmate Telephone Service Providers or Contact Us
Get a local phone number anywhere $8.33/mo
Search The Web:
Alabama (AL) | Alaska (AK) | American Samoa (AS) | Arizona (AZ) | Arkansas (AR) | California (CA) | Colorado (CO) | Connecticut (CT) | Delaware (DE) | District of Columbia (DC) | Florida (FL) | Georgia (GA) | Hawaii (HI) | Idaho (ID) | Illinois (IL) | Indiana (IN) | Iowa (IA) | Kansas (KS) | Kentucky (KY) | Louisiana (LA) | Maine (ME) | Marshall Islands (MH) | Maryland (MD) | Massachusetts (MA) | Michigan (MI) | Minnesota (MN) | Mississippi (MS) | Missouri (MO) | Montana (MT) | Nebraska (NE) | Nevada (NV) | New Hampshire (NH) | New Jersey (NJ) | New Mexico (NM) | New York (NY) | North Carolina (NC) | North Dakota (ND) | Ohio (OH) | Oklahoma (OK) | Oregon (OR) | Pennsylvania (PA) | Puerto Rico (PR) | Rhode Island (RI) | South Carolina (SC) | South Dakota (SD) | Tennessee (TN) | Texas (TX) | Utah (UT) | Vermont (VT) | Virginia (VA) | Virgin Islands (VI) | Washington (WA) | West Virginia (WV) | Wisconsin (WI) | Wyoming (WY)