Wireless Locator System - AirPatrol's WLS Manager
What is a Cellphone Locator System? Learn about AirPatrol's WLS Manager
*** Learn how to save money on making and receiving inmate phone calls ***
Learn about AirPatrol's WLS Manager Wireless Locator System
A report in Business wire dated July 27, 2009 says that AirPatrol's Wireless Locator System is the Correctional Industry's Top Alternative to Illegal Cell Jamming Equipment. AirPatrol Corporation, a mobile and wireless threat management solutions company demonstrated its award winning Wireless Locator System (WLS) at the 64th Annual U.S. Deputy Wardens Association Conference in Lake Ozark, MO.
Ozzie Diaz, CEO, AirPatrol Corporation, said that "Contraband cell phones is the single biggest issue facing correctional facilities from coast-to-coast as prisoners are finding ways to conduct gang business, carry out crimes and smuggle more items behind bars, leaving the pinpoint accuracy of the Wireless Locator System an ideal and needed solution."
The Wireless Locator System (WLS) consists of AirPatrol WLS Cell / WLAN Sensors which are installed at various locations in the correctional facilities. They are then connected using Ethernet cables to the central system running WLS manager.
The WLS Manager, with AirPatrol's MapView™ technology, monitors the airwaves 24 x 7 to provide a live enterprise-wide view of network posture at a single glance on a computer monitor. The system can detect and locate all authorized and unauthorized 802.11, RF and cellular devices with an accuracy of six feet or better.
Key Benefits and Features of the System
The WLS Manager integrates with the Check Point™ SMART Security Management Architecture to reliably and accurately alert network administrator to wireless threats in real-time. The detection of a rogue device transmits an automatic alert. Alerts can be sent in multiple formats to multiple devices and alarm zones are configurable to eliminate false positives. Administrators receive complete details of the intrusion event along with an image depicting the precise location of the offending device. The rogue devices can be effectively blocked and neutralized using automatic traffic blocking at the packet-level or remotely executed user initiated, timed and targeted DNS attacks.
- Accurately locates cellular and 802.11 a/b/g/n devices
- Provides real-time intrusion alerts
- License-enabled features: Customize for the features and performance required
- Presents at-a-glance unified view of wireless network
- Displays cellular and 802.11 a/b/g/n devices on one console
- Offers forensic, network planning and optimization tools
- Automatically self-calibrates
Using WLS Connect security administrators can look into historical wireless threat events that occurred hours, days or months ago. Collected security data can also be correlated with other security data such as video surveillance, identity management and physical access control information to provide a full understanding of security incidents.
WLS connect provides following information:
WLS Connect's web consoles allow for monitoring of multiple installations by multiple users, from remote network locations, and centralizing operations.
- Precise locations of cellular devices and 802.11 WLAN devices within the monitored area.
- Start times and stop times of cellular device events (e.g. voice calls, emails, SMS text messages) and 802.11 WLAN device events.
- MAC addresses, SSIDs and association states of 802.11 WLAN devices.
- Transmit frequencies and cellular protocol type for cellular devices.
Figure 2 WLS Display of wireless device locations
AirPatrol WLS Cell / WLAN Sensors
The AirPatrol's WLS Cell / WLAN is Ethernet-capable sensor that combines cellular phone detection and 802.11 a/b/g/n detection in a single package. The sensor simultaneously detects 802.11 a/b/g/n traffic and cellular phone activity in the 800 MHz and 1900 MHz bands. The WLS Cell / WLAN sensor has two Ethernet ports with network pass-through capabilities. This enables this sensor to be piggybacked onto existing network infrastructure.
Figure 3 Normal WLS CELL/WLAN sensor
Figure 4 Weather proof WLS sensor
Key Benefits and Features
All-Weather Sensor with following features in tamper-resistant metal enclosure is also available:
- Detects 802.11 a/b/g/n devices
- Accurately detects cell phones in the 824-849 MHz and the 1850-1910 MHz bands
- Rapid setup and configuration
- Compact, industrial-grade design
- Detects IDEN cellular devices
- Network pass-through data port
- IEEE 802.3 af compatible PoE or DC local power 12-60VDC 10W
The demo of the system can be viewed at:
- Totally weather-proof; water-resistant rubber seal
- Enables extreme operating conditions - tested at extremes of -40°C to +85°C (-40°F to + 185°F)
- Tough, durable aluminum case protects hardware and resists tampering
- Heat sink for high-temperature operation
Don't miss our guide to making Inmate Phone Calls
Learn more about Inmate Telephone Service, the Inmate Telephone System, Inmate Telephone Service Providers or Contact Us
Virtual Number Services
Search The Web:
Alabama (AL) | Alaska (AK) | American Samoa (AS) | Arizona (AZ) | Arkansas (AR) | California (CA) | Colorado (CO) | Connecticut (CT) | Delaware (DE) | District of Columbia (DC) | Florida (FL) | Georgia (GA) | Hawaii (HI) | Idaho (ID) | Illinois (IL) | Indiana (IN) | Iowa (IA) | Kansas (KS) | Kentucky (KY) | Louisiana (LA) | Maine (ME) | Marshall Islands (MH) | Maryland (MD) | Massachusetts (MA) | Michigan (MI) | Minnesota (MN) | Mississippi (MS) | Missouri (MO) | Montana (MT) | Nebraska (NE) | Nevada (NV) | New Hampshire (NH) | New Jersey (NJ) | New Mexico (NM) | New York (NY) | North Carolina (NC) | North Dakota (ND) | Ohio (OH) | Oklahoma (OK) | Oregon (OR) | Pennsylvania (PA) | Puerto Rico (PR) | Rhode Island (RI) | South Carolina (SC) | South Dakota (SD) | Tennessee (TN) | Texas (TX) | Utah (UT) | Vermont (VT) | Virginia (VA) | Virgin Islands (VI) | Washington (WA) | West Virginia (WV) | Wisconsin (WI) | Wyoming (WY)