Learn about Texas Inmate Telephone Service and Systems
Texas prison agency awarded a seven-year contract to Embarq Corp., Kan. based company for providing telephone service to inmates in Texas correctional facilities. The company will provide facilities for an estimated 120,000 inmates who will be allowed up 120 minutes of prepaid and collect calls each month. Approximately one phone is being installed for each 30 inmates in common areas of prisons like day rooms.
Don't miss our guide to making Inmate Phone Calls
- The system will allow inmates up to 15 minutes per call to friends and family who are on approved list of visitors.
- The system gives a warning message one minute before being disconnecting the call.
- The call can be made from 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
- Calls are limited to 120 a month
- The calls to crime victims or the victims' families will be not be allowed.
- International calls and calls to cell phone, calls to 800 numbers businesses, pay phones aren't allowed.
- The service is not available for inmates with disciplinary problems, gang affiliations or those on death row.
- The service provider takes voice prints of each eligible inmate as a security check for phone access
- Friends and relatives of inmates can register on a Web site: http://www.texasprisonphone.com . The people registering will be notified by phone once they are approved for receiving calls.
- The People on an inmate's visitors list are required to submit a copy of their telephone bill and a copy of their driver's license for verification and validation.
- Calls to an inmate's lawyer of record, protected under attorney-client privilege, would not be monitored or recorded.
Embarq allows following method of payment for calls made:
The calls are charged when the inmate call is accepted. The monthly invoice detailing the calls is sent to the registered members. The account is automatically created when registration is done with the Embarq Friends & Family Enrollment Center.
Collect calls within Texas will be about 26 cents a minute and 43 cents for outside the state. A monthly fee of $2.49 is charged on direct bill for services.
Friends & Family Prepaid
Telephone number owner can make prepayment for the calls. Refunds are available for 365 days from date of last activity. A fee of $5 is charged for all payments made through the credit cards. Minimum funding amount is $25.00 and maximum is $100.00.
The prepaid facility is available at rates of about 26 cents a minute for in-state calls and 43 cents for out-of-state calls
Offender Prepaid Debit
Any one can fund Offender's Prepaid Debit account. The money put in this account becomes property of inmate. Inmate can use the money to make calls. The inmate gets 10% rebate on calls made from this account.
Email $0.44 per message
Learn more about Inmate Telephone Service, the Inmate Telephone System, Inmate Telephone Service Providers or Contact Us
Get a local phone number anywhere $8.33/mo
Search The Web:
Alabama (AL) | Alaska (AK) | American Samoa (AS) | Arizona (AZ) | Arkansas (AR) | California (CA) | Colorado (CO) | Connecticut (CT) | Delaware (DE) | District of Columbia (DC) | Florida (FL) | Georgia (GA) | Hawaii (HI) | Idaho (ID) | Illinois (IL) | Indiana (IN) | Iowa (IA) | Kansas (KS) | Kentucky (KY) | Louisiana (LA) | Maine (ME) | Marshall Islands (MH) | Maryland (MD) | Massachusetts (MA) | Michigan (MI) | Minnesota (MN) | Mississippi (MS) | Missouri (MO) | Montana (MT) | Nebraska (NE) | Nevada (NV) | New Hampshire (NH) | New Jersey (NJ) | New Mexico (NM) | New York (NY) | North Carolina (NC) | North Dakota (ND) | Ohio (OH) | Oklahoma (OK) | Oregon (OR) | Pennsylvania (PA) | Puerto Rico (PR) | Rhode Island (RI) | South Carolina (SC) | South Dakota (SD) | Tennessee (TN) | Texas (TX) | Utah (UT) | Vermont (VT) | Virginia (VA) | Virgin Islands (VI) | Washington (WA) | West Virginia (WV) | Wisconsin (WI) | Wyoming (WY)