State of Tennessee Department of Correction
*** Learn how to save money on making and receiving inmate phone calls ***
Segregated inmates shall be allowed access to telephones in accordance with Policy #506.16.
- Inmate access to telephones to communicate with attorneys and courts shall be in accordance with Policies #105.09 and #501.02. Inmates assigned to privately managed facilities follow on a TDOC approved CCA policy regarding access to courts.
- Wardens shall develop institutional policy which specifie s days and times of day when inmates shall have access to telephones. Calls should normally be made between 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. local time.
- Inmates shall be allowed to specify up to ten telephone numbers for family, friends, etc., on their ATN list. Only telephone numbers on the inmate's ATN list shall be processed by the ITS. Changes in this list may be made through a designated employee according to a schedule established by the Warden, but no less often than once each quarter.
- Business telephone numbers, toll-free numbers, cellular telephone numbers, and numbers with remote call forwarding service are not permitted.
- Wardens shall develop institutional procedures detailing how an inmate can add to or change the ATN list on an emergency basis, and for facilitating the transfer of an inmate’s ATN list to another institution when the inmate is transferred. It shall be at the Warden's discretion to determine what constitutes an emergency.
- Inmates will have access to any attorney on the database populated from the Tennessee Attorney’s Directory. Any new addition or out-of-state attorneys will be added by contacting Global Tel*Link, which will ensure verification prior to the addition being completed.
- Any called party who is listed on an inmate's ATN list can have their telephone number removed from the inmate's ATN list. This can be accomplished only by a written request submitted to the Warden by the called party. The inmate shall be furnished a copy of the written request from the party requesting the removal.
- All telephone calls, collect or debit, shall be limited to no more than thirty minutes.
- Long distance debit calls will not be allowed if the inmate's telephone trust fund account balance is not sufficient to place at least a one minute telephone call.
- Inmates who do not complete and submit an ATN list cannot use the ITS. The system cannot complete a telephone call unless the called number is in the system's data file under the inmate's "Telephone Access Code."
- Any abuse of telephone usage by an inmate at a TDOC or any privately managed facility shall be cause for disciplinary action.
- Abuse of telephone usage includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Threatening or obscene telephone calls
- Third Party Calling: When the ITS detects third party calling, the telephone call shall be terminated. The call detail report (associated with the call) is appropriately marked identifying the reason for the termination along with the name of the inmate who has made the telephone call.
- Call Forwarding: When the ITS detects call forwarding, the telephone call shall be terminated. The call detail report (associated with the call) is appropriately marked identifying the reason for the termination along with the name of the inmate who has made the telephone call.
- d. Use of a third party to transfer the telephone call to another telephone number. Third party calling is detectable by the ITS. When the ITS detects third party calling, the telephone call is terminated and a message is transmitted to the system controller in Nashville identifying the “Telephone Access Code” for the inmate who has made the telephone call.
- Use of the call forwarding feature on an instrument whose telephone number is on an inmate's ATN list is forbidden. Call forwarding is detectable by the ITS. When the ITS detects call forwarding, the telephone call is terminated and a message is given to the system controller identifying the "Telephone Access Code" for the inmate who has made the telephone call.
- Violation of the telephone use schedule
- Interfering with the call of another inmate
- Use of the ITS to facilitate or conduct activities in violation of federal or state law or TDOC policy
- Providing false information with an application for a telephone number to be added to an inmate’s ATN list (i.e., false name, relationship, etc., for a telephone number)
- The use or the attempted use of another inmate’s “Telephone Access Code”
- Specifying a number with remote call forwarding service on an application for a telephone number to be added to an inmate’s ATN
- Specifying a cellular telephone number on an application for addition to an inmate’s ATN
Telephone Service Provider
Global Tel*Link (GTL) has been contracted to provide phone service to allow inmates to make collect calls to their families and friends.
To Set Up An Account Contact:
GTL AdvancePay Automated System: 1-800-483-8314
GTL Customer Service Center: 1-866-230-7761
One can set up or add funds to your GTL AdvancePay account in the following ways:
- Deposits of: $25 - $50
- GTL accepts: (Visa, MasterCard) to include: Debit and Check Cards with Visa or MasterCard emblem
- Discover Card accepted via use of GTL Website, or use of Customer Service Center
- Payments can also be made online at www.GTL.net (Note: there is a $9.50 processing fee passed on from TouchPay for this option.)
- Checks and money orders can be mailed to the following address, once account is setup:
AdvancePay Service Dept.
Denver, CO 80291-1722
||Debit or PrePaid
Don't miss our guide to making Inmate Phone Calls
Learn more about Inmate Telephone Service, the Inmate Telephone System, Inmate Telephone Service Providers or Contact Us
Virtual Number Services
Search The Web:
Alabama (AL) | Alaska (AK) | American Samoa (AS) | Arizona (AZ) | Arkansas (AR) | California (CA) | Colorado (CO) | Connecticut (CT) | Delaware (DE) | District of Columbia (DC) | Florida (FL) | Georgia (GA) | Hawaii (HI) | Idaho (ID) | Illinois (IL) | Indiana (IN) | Iowa (IA) | Kansas (KS) | Kentucky (KY) | Louisiana (LA) | Maine (ME) | Marshall Islands (MH) | Maryland (MD) | Massachusetts (MA) | Michigan (MI) | Minnesota (MN) | Mississippi (MS) | Missouri (MO) | Montana (MT) | Nebraska (NE) | Nevada (NV) | New Hampshire (NH) | New Jersey (NJ) | New Mexico (NM) | New York (NY) | North Carolina (NC) | North Dakota (ND) | Ohio (OH) | Oklahoma (OK) | Oregon (OR) | Pennsylvania (PA) | Puerto Rico (PR) | Rhode Island (RI) | South Carolina (SC) | South Dakota (SD) | Tennessee (TN) | Texas (TX) | Utah (UT) | Vermont (VT) | Virginia (VA) | Virgin Islands (VI) | Washington (WA) | West Virginia (WV) | Wisconsin (WI) | Wyoming (WY)