Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction
*** Learn how to save money on making and receiving inmate phone calls ***
Telephone calls shall be permitted for all general population and protective control inmates subject to local policies developed by the Warden. Such policies may limit phone calls based upon the physical plant, security concerns, staffing, telephone availability, daily inmate schedules and conduct. All such policies shall be in writing and available for review by inmates and staff.
- All inmate phone calls shall be charged collect, unless charges to the institution are authorized in advance by the Warden or designee.
- Inmates will not be permitted to place toll-free calls (i.e. 800, 877, ETC) additional charge calls (i.e. 900).
- Inmates may be allowed emergency telephone calls subject to the limitations outlined in Section IV of the telephone policy.
- On occasion, courts will schedule pre-trial hearings via conference calls between the plaintiff, plaintiff’s attorney, defendant, defendant's attorney and the courts. In such cases, it is imperative that all factors are properly coordinated to ensure availability of the inmate, private telephone access and visual monitoring. Upon receipt of such hearing notice, the Warden will assign a specific employee to coordinate the telephone pre-trial hearing. All such calls shall be visually monitored, but not voice monitored.
- In the event of an urgent legal matter, an inmate may contact unit personnel to request arrangement of an unmonitored telephone call. Telephone calls with an attorney, that have been cleared and approved by the Warden or Designee, shall not be voice monitored, but shall be visually monitored.
Inmate Telephone Calling Options
Inmates may make telephone calls only to those individuals on the inmate's approved telephone calling list who have agreed to accept the inmate's calls while incarcerated. Inmate telephone calls may be paid for through one of the following three options:
- Standard Collect Call - Placing the telephone call collect. This requires the person receiving the call to have the capability for collect calls under Global Tel*Link's billing services. The person receiving the call is responsible for paying for the telephone call.
- Pre-Paid Collect Call - The inmate would place a collect call. However, the person receiving the call must have pre-paid for the collect call through an account established with Global Tel*Link. Pre-paid collect calls receive a 20% discount over standard collect calls. Pre-paid collect call accounts can be established through Global Tel*Link's website.
- Inmate Telephone Debit Account - This option reduces the burden on those receiving calls by allowing the inmate to pay for the calls directly. The inmate may place funds into his telephone debit account from his inmate personal account, using either monies earned in his prison work assignment or funds provided by family and friends. Family and friends may also place money directly into the inmate's telephone debit account through the kiosks available at each prison. Calls paid for through an inmate telephone debit account receive a 20% discount over standard collect calls
Telephone Service Provider
Inmate telephone service is provided through Global Tel*Link (GTL). For questions or assistance regarding the telephone system or services, contact the GTL Customer Call Center at 1-800-231-0193 during the following hours:
- Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. (midnight) Eastern Standard Time
- Saturday and Sunday 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
||Debit or PrePaid
Don't miss our guide to making Inmate Phone Calls
Learn more about Inmate Telephone Service, the Inmate Telephone System, Inmate Telephone Service Providers or Contact Us
Virtual Number Services
Search The Web:
Alabama (AL) | Alaska (AK) | American Samoa (AS) | Arizona (AZ) | Arkansas (AR) | California (CA) | Colorado (CO) | Connecticut (CT) | Delaware (DE) | District of Columbia (DC) | Florida (FL) | Georgia (GA) | Hawaii (HI) | Idaho (ID) | Illinois (IL) | Indiana (IN) | Iowa (IA) | Kansas (KS) | Kentucky (KY) | Louisiana (LA) | Maine (ME) | Marshall Islands (MH) | Maryland (MD) | Massachusetts (MA) | Michigan (MI) | Minnesota (MN) | Mississippi (MS) | Missouri (MO) | Montana (MT) | Nebraska (NE) | Nevada (NV) | New Hampshire (NH) | New Jersey (NJ) | New Mexico (NM) | New York (NY) | North Carolina (NC) | North Dakota (ND) | Ohio (OH) | Oklahoma (OK) | Oregon (OR) | Pennsylvania (PA) | Puerto Rico (PR) | Rhode Island (RI) | South Carolina (SC) | South Dakota (SD) | Tennessee (TN) | Texas (TX) | Utah (UT) | Vermont (VT) | Virginia (VA) | Virgin Islands (VI) | Washington (WA) | West Virginia (WV) | Wisconsin (WI) | Wyoming (WY)