New Mexico Corrections Department
*** Learn how to save money on making and receiving inmate phone calls ***
Inmate Telephone Calls:
- Any inmate found to have damaged or defaced telephone equipment shall be subject to disciplinary action and/or criminal charges if property damage is substantial.
- Any inmate who uses telephone equipment for the purpose of committing any unlawful act or violation of departmental or institutional policies shall be subject to disciplinary and/or criminal action.
- Inmates who request and are granted an unmonitored telephone call through an appropriate staff member will be charged $.20 a minute. Inmates will complete an inmate debit memorandum for payment of these telephone calls.
Attorney Phone Calls:
- Attorney phone calls must be requested in writing using the Attorney Phone Call Request Form (CD-150302.1) and tracked by completing a Attorney Phone Call Log Attachment (CD-150301.A).
- Every effort should be made to allow access as soon as practicable, especially in the event of an emergency or urgent need. However, the institution will provide access to unmonitored telephones for attorney phone calls within two working days of receipt of an approved written request.
- Phone calls will be placed by an institutional staff member who will verify the identity of the receiving party. The phone call between the inmate and the attorney or attorney’s representative will take place in a location that assures the confidentiality of the conversation. This provision does not preclude visual observation during a telephone call.
- To the extent possible, attorney calls will be made collect if long-distance charges are applicable. In instances when a collect call is not possible, the inmate will be informed in writing, prior to the telephone call being placed, that the cost of the telephone call will be $.20 a minute deducted from the inmate's account and the inmate will sign a debit memo. After termination of the call, the staff member will post the time the call started and ended and the cost of the call to the debit memo and forward to inmate accounts for processing. The debit will be carried on the inmate's account until such time as there are funds to cover it.
Don't miss our guide to making Inmate Phone Calls
Learn more about Inmate Telephone Service, the Inmate Telephone System, Inmate Telephone Service Providers or Contact Us
Virtual Number Services
Search The Web:
Alabama (AL) | Alaska (AK) | American Samoa (AS) | Arizona (AZ) | Arkansas (AR) | California (CA) | Colorado (CO) | Connecticut (CT) | Delaware (DE) | District of Columbia (DC) | Florida (FL) | Georgia (GA) | Hawaii (HI) | Idaho (ID) | Illinois (IL) | Indiana (IN) | Iowa (IA) | Kansas (KS) | Kentucky (KY) | Louisiana (LA) | Maine (ME) | Marshall Islands (MH) | Maryland (MD) | Massachusetts (MA) | Michigan (MI) | Minnesota (MN) | Mississippi (MS) | Missouri (MO) | Montana (MT) | Nebraska (NE) | Nevada (NV) | New Hampshire (NH) | New Jersey (NJ) | New Mexico (NM) | New York (NY) | North Carolina (NC) | North Dakota (ND) | Ohio (OH) | Oklahoma (OK) | Oregon (OR) | Pennsylvania (PA) | Puerto Rico (PR) | Rhode Island (RI) | South Carolina (SC) | South Dakota (SD) | Tennessee (TN) | Texas (TX) | Utah (UT) | Vermont (VT) | Virginia (VA) | Virgin Islands (VI) | Washington (WA) | West Virginia (WV) | Wisconsin (WI) | Wyoming (WY)