*** Learn how to save money on making and receiving inmate phone calls ***
Inmate Personal Telephone Calls
- Local and long distance calls will be collect or prepaid.
- Telephone calls, except calls between an inmate and his attorney, must be monitored and/or recorded.
- Inmates are required to use their Personal Identification Number (PIN) to access the telephone system.
- There no limit on personal numbers on an inmate’s Personal Allowed Numbers (PAN) list.
- Cell phone numbers may be utilized on the PAN list as long as the calls are prepaid or debit (no collect calls for security reasons)
- No inmate shall have the same personal telephone number on their telephone list as another inmate unless an immediate family relationship exits or it is an allowed legal telephone number.
- Legal telephone numbers may be added/deleted as needed.
- Collect calls to phone numbers serviced by a local exchange carrier that does not have a billing agreement with the Contractor are not permitted and will be blocked.
- Inmates may communicate in their primary language.
- The Warden/designee shall determine the maximum amount of time allowed for each personal call.
- Abuse of the telephone system or circumvention in any manner of the Department’s contracted inmate phone system carrier may result in disciplinary action and possible restriction from placing personal calls.
- Uses of three-way calls, remote call forwarding, another inmate’s PIN or collect calls to a cellular telephone are prohibited for security purposes.
- Inmates in segregated housing may have their personal telephone access restricted for safety and security reasons.
Use of Institutional Telephones By Inmates
Inmates shall not use institutional telephones except as follows:
The institution or facility will not accept telephone calls, faxes, or e-mail for inmates unless it is to confirm a death or illness in their immediate family.
EMBARQ (Now CenturyLink) has been awarded a multi-year contract to provide and manage inmate phone services for the Nevada Department of Corrections in all its 21 facilities. Following table shows the old and the new rates.
Rates are based on an average talk time of 16 minutes
Call Type Current Rates New Rates Savings to Families
Local $1.89 $1.45 $(0.44)
Within NV* $4.48 $2.73 $(1.75)
Out of State $18.19 $16.14 $(2.05)
* Applies to calls to completed within the State of Nevada in the 55-124 mileage bank
Don't miss our guide to making Inmate Phone Calls
Learn more about Inmate Telephone Service, the Inmate Telephone System, Inmate Telephone Service Providers or Contact Us
Get a local phone number anywhere $8.33/mo
Search The Web:
Alabama (AL) | Alaska (AK) | American Samoa (AS) | Arizona (AZ) | Arkansas (AR) | California (CA) | Colorado (CO) | Connecticut (CT) | Delaware (DE) | District of Columbia (DC) | Florida (FL) | Georgia (GA) | Hawaii (HI) | Idaho (ID) | Illinois (IL) | Indiana (IN) | Iowa (IA) | Kansas (KS) | Kentucky (KY) | Louisiana (LA) | Maine (ME) | Marshall Islands (MH) | Maryland (MD) | Massachusetts (MA) | Michigan (MI) | Minnesota (MN) | Mississippi (MS) | Missouri (MO) | Montana (MT) | Nebraska (NE) | Nevada (NV) | New Hampshire (NH) | New Jersey (NJ) | New Mexico (NM) | New York (NY) | North Carolina (NC) | North Dakota (ND) | Ohio (OH) | Oklahoma (OK) | Oregon (OR) | Pennsylvania (PA) | Puerto Rico (PR) | Rhode Island (RI) | South Carolina (SC) | South Dakota (SD) | Tennessee (TN) | Texas (TX) | Utah (UT) | Vermont (VT) | Virginia (VA) | Virgin Islands (VI) | Washington (WA) | West Virginia (WV) | Wisconsin (WI) | Wyoming (WY)