Nebraska Department of Corrections
*** Learn how to save money on making and receiving inmate phone calls ***
The inmates are required to fill Standard ICS registration form for social calls and/or an ICS special registration form for confidential calls.
- Each inmate is allowed to have a list of maximum 30 telephone numbers including that of attorney.
- The telephone numbers in list are exclusive to an inmate.
- A number can be entered b y number of inmates only if the family relation ship exists. The phone numbers of common friends are not allowed to be entered by more than one inmate.
- The phone numbers of attorney are entered in ICS special registration form and are then verified before the inmate is allowed to make call on these numbers.
- Each inmate is assigned a 4 digit PIN number for his exclusive use and it is to be kept secret. The PIN number can be changed by only after due approval from waoden or his designated representative.
- The calls passing through ICS may be processed as collect, debit, prepay or calling card.
- Any calls made through institutions system will be reimbursed by the inmate at state contract rates.
- An indigent status inmate may be permitted emergency calls when collect calls are not accepted, provided the inmate signs an institutional check authorizing the reimbursement to the state once funds are available in his trust account. An indigent inmate will be given a choice of five stamps or $2.50 debit calling time for a month total accumulation; however the total accumulation on the ICS will not be allowed to exceed $10. Inmates are not permitted to make third party billing or credit card calls.
- Three way calls, call forwarding or conference calling is allowed only for access to courts if an attorney or public official requests they do so. Else these type of calls are not permitted.
- Inmates can schedule not more than one time block daily for personal calls and two time blocks for legal calls.
Time limit for calls
- Legal call are limited to sixty minutes per week.
- Segregation Status Inmates
Telephone schedules for IS, AC and IM status inmates will provide access only four days per week. Telephone schedules for PC and DR status inmates will provide access seven days a week. Segregation telephone calls are further limited as follows:
- Immediate segregation (IM): Inmates in Immediate segregation (IM) are permitted one fifteen minute time block per week.
- Administration Confinement (AC): Inmates in AC are permitted to make legal and emergency calls only when approved by designated staff.
- Intensive Management (IM) : Inmates are permitted one fifteen minute time block per week.
- Protective Custody (PC): Inmates are permitted one fifteen minute time block per day, seven days per week.
- Death RR (DR): Inmates are permitted one fifteen minute time block per day, seven days per week.
- Emergency Telephone Calls: Outgoing emergency calls that cannot be made as collect calls will be made on institutional staff telephone at inmates’ expense. Incoming emergency telephone calls will be routed to the appropriate unit staff who will record and verify the information and arrange a return call by the inmate if deemed appropriate.
Don't miss our guide to making Inmate Phone Calls
Learn more about Inmate Telephone Service, the Inmate Telephone System, Inmate Telephone Service Providers or Contact Us
Virtual Number Services
Search The Web:
Alabama (AL) | Alaska (AK) | American Samoa (AS) | Arizona (AZ) | Arkansas (AR) | California (CA) | Colorado (CO) | Connecticut (CT) | Delaware (DE) | District of Columbia (DC) | Florida (FL) | Georgia (GA) | Hawaii (HI) | Idaho (ID) | Illinois (IL) | Indiana (IN) | Iowa (IA) | Kansas (KS) | Kentucky (KY) | Louisiana (LA) | Maine (ME) | Marshall Islands (MH) | Maryland (MD) | Massachusetts (MA) | Michigan (MI) | Minnesota (MN) | Mississippi (MS) | Missouri (MO) | Montana (MT) | Nebraska (NE) | Nevada (NV) | New Hampshire (NH) | New Jersey (NJ) | New Mexico (NM) | New York (NY) | North Carolina (NC) | North Dakota (ND) | Ohio (OH) | Oklahoma (OK) | Oregon (OR) | Pennsylvania (PA) | Puerto Rico (PR) | Rhode Island (RI) | South Carolina (SC) | South Dakota (SD) | Tennessee (TN) | Texas (TX) | Utah (UT) | Vermont (VT) | Virginia (VA) | Virgin Islands (VI) | Washington (WA) | West Virginia (WV) | Wisconsin (WI) | Wyoming (WY)