Learn about the Family Telephone Connection Protection Act of 2009
The use of telephone system to make money by facilities and service provider by charging exorbitant amount from inmates has led to drafting of the bill named "Family Telephone Connection Protection Act of 2009". The bill was submitted on Feb 23, 2009: and was referred to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce to deliberate, investigate, and revise them before they are submitted for general debate.
Don't miss our guide to making Inmate Phone Calls
Family Telephone Connection Protection Act of 2009 - Amends the Communications Act of 1934 to direct the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to consider the following types of regulation of inmate telephone service:
- prescribing a maximum uniform per-minute rate (paid to telephone service providers);
- prescribing a maximum uniform service connection or other per-call rate;
- prescribing variable maximum rates depending on factors such as carrier costs or the size of the correctional facility;
- requiring providers of inmate telephone service to offer both collect calling and debit account services;
- prohibiting the payment of commissions by such providers to administrators of correctional facilities; and
- requiring such administrators to allow more than one service provider at a facility so that prisoners have a choice.
Learn more about Inmate Telephone Service, the Inmate Telephone System, Inmate Telephone Service Providers or Contact Us
Get a local phone number anywhere $8.33/mo
Search The Web:
Alabama (AL) | Alaska (AK) | American Samoa (AS) | Arizona (AZ) | Arkansas (AR) | California (CA) | Colorado (CO) | Connecticut (CT) | Delaware (DE) | District of Columbia (DC) | Florida (FL) | Georgia (GA) | Hawaii (HI) | Idaho (ID) | Illinois (IL) | Indiana (IN) | Iowa (IA) | Kansas (KS) | Kentucky (KY) | Louisiana (LA) | Maine (ME) | Marshall Islands (MH) | Maryland (MD) | Massachusetts (MA) | Michigan (MI) | Minnesota (MN) | Mississippi (MS) | Missouri (MO) | Montana (MT) | Nebraska (NE) | Nevada (NV) | New Hampshire (NH) | New Jersey (NJ) | New Mexico (NM) | New York (NY) | North Carolina (NC) | North Dakota (ND) | Ohio (OH) | Oklahoma (OK) | Oregon (OR) | Pennsylvania (PA) | Puerto Rico (PR) | Rhode Island (RI) | South Carolina (SC) | South Dakota (SD) | Tennessee (TN) | Texas (TX) | Utah (UT) | Vermont (VT) | Virginia (VA) | Virgin Islands (VI) | Washington (WA) | West Virginia (WV) | Wisconsin (WI) | Wyoming (WY)