Three Way Calling and Call Detection in Inmate Telephone Systems
What is a three way system?
The 3-way call detection and detection system also suffers from false detection triggers leading to disconnection of genuine calls. Some of the normal conversational sound generated or back ground noise during conversation may also give rise to false alarms. This has led to lot of resentment both from inmates as well as their families & friends.
Don't miss our guide to making Inmate Phone Calls
Many methodologies have been adopted for fool proof detection of 3-way calls. Some of them involve installing equipment at called party location for sensing the small break made in the telephone line for requesting the 3-way call. This system is not affected by any noise generated by inmate leading to fair change of 3-way call detection.
Another type of system from Scidyn takes note of the line conditions when the call is established for the first time. It then looks for any changes in line conditions based on some 18 parameters. It uses patented design to detect three way conference initiated by the called party by looking into if the call has been put on hold or activate thre party conference..
In order not to face disconnection due to false detection of 3-way calls following point should be taken into account while attending to the call from inmates.
The 3-way call disconnection has also been misused by the service providing companies to disconnect the normal call in the pretext of it being 3-way calls. This is done in collaboration with facilities staff & facilitates the increase in revenue for service providers as inmate has to make the call once again one a call get disconnected. Any second call cost more that a continuous conversation in the same time.
- The use of amplified or speaker phone should be avoided.
- The use of cordless phone should be done well within the range of the telephone to avoid static noise generated out side the range that can trigger 3-way detection.
- The call waiting while in conversation with inmates should not be accepted.
- The mouth piece should not be covered with hand to reduce back ground noise or some conversation with other person in the room.
- Shouting or yelling into the phone should be avoided.
- Coughing into the phone should be avoided.
- Another extension should not be picked up while the call is in progress. If it is unavoidable the conversation should start immediately on picking up of extension.
- The conversation should be started immediately after call is accepted.
Learn more about Inmate Telephone Service, the Inmate Telephone System, Inmate Telephone Service Providers or Contact Us
Get a local phone number anywhere $8.33/mo
Search The Web:
Alabama (AL) | Alaska (AK) | American Samoa (AS) | Arizona (AZ) | Arkansas (AR) | California (CA) | Colorado (CO) | Connecticut (CT) | Delaware (DE) | District of Columbia (DC) | Florida (FL) | Georgia (GA) | Hawaii (HI) | Idaho (ID) | Illinois (IL) | Indiana (IN) | Iowa (IA) | Kansas (KS) | Kentucky (KY) | Louisiana (LA) | Maine (ME) | Marshall Islands (MH) | Maryland (MD) | Massachusetts (MA) | Michigan (MI) | Minnesota (MN) | Mississippi (MS) | Missouri (MO) | Montana (MT) | Nebraska (NE) | Nevada (NV) | New Hampshire (NH) | New Jersey (NJ) | New Mexico (NM) | New York (NY) | North Carolina (NC) | North Dakota (ND) | Ohio (OH) | Oklahoma (OK) | Oregon (OR) | Pennsylvania (PA) | Puerto Rico (PR) | Rhode Island (RI) | South Carolina (SC) | South Dakota (SD) | Tennessee (TN) | Texas (TX) | Utah (UT) | Vermont (VT) | Virginia (VA) | Virgin Islands (VI) | Washington (WA) | West Virginia (WV) | Wisconsin (WI) | Wyoming (WY)